This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last year, we celebrated TPG’s fifth anniversary — and now I have another very exciting milestone to share. Over the weekend, we’ll publish our 10,000th post on the site, and to celebrate, we’re giving away 10 tickets (each will include a guest) to our holiday party on December 7 in New York City. (While I’d love to give away 10 thousand tickets, we’ll have to save that for another year.)
I’ve reserved a very special venue, and we’re pulling out all the stops — this will definitely be a party you’ll never forget.
To enter for a chance to win tickets for you and a guest, send a tweet or post on Facebook with the TPG post that you’ve found most helpful over the years, be it the free Hilton gold status you were able to score with the Amex Platinum card or the incredible award flights you were able to find thanks to United’s Expert Mode. Include @thepointsguy (on Twitter) and #pickmeTPG at the end of your post. You can also enter via a comment below. Before you enter, please confirm that you’re available to attend in NYC on December 7 — we’ll provide two tickets, but travel expenses are on your own. Entries must be received by 11:59pm ET on Friday, October 7.
Good luck, and I can’t wait to celebrate with you in December!
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards