This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Prestige Card
You’re likely already aware of the amazing 4th Night Free benefit on the Citi Prestige Card. It seems that American Express is now trying to compete with this perk by running its own fourth-night-free offer. Now through October 31, book a stay of four nights or longer at dozens of participating hotels through AmexTravel.com and get the fourth night free. Travel must be completed by November 15, 2016 to take advantage of this offer.
This same offer popped up a few weeks ago targeted to select cardholders, but now it’s open to anyone interested in taking advantage of it. No Amex log-in or even an American Express card required. That’s right: Amex Travel will accept your Visa, MasterCard or Discover card and still give you the fourth night free.
Where this offer really gets interesting is stacking the fourth night free with an existing Amex Offer. Now through September 30, you can get an $80 statement credit for spending $500+ on an Amex Travel prepaid hotel reservation when you use an enrolled Amex card.
While this offer will only show up in the Amex Offers section on some Amex cards, all Amex cards are eligible to enroll in this offer by tweeting #AmexTravel100 from a linked Twitter account. In case you’re wondering, the terms and conditions of the Amex Offer don’t state that this offer can’t be combined with others.
This is an excellent offer if you have an American Express card and have a four-night (or longer) stay planned between now and November 15 — especially if the cost of your stay will still exceed $500 after the fourth-night-free discount. Just be sure to link your American Express card to the $80 Amex Offer and make your reservation before September 30 to combine the two offers.
If you have a Citi Prestige Card and you don’t plan on spending more than $500 on the stay, it’s likely best to just book your hotel through Citi’s concierge. That way you won’t be limited to Amex Travel’s list of qualifying hotels, and you’ll be able to still stack any special rates — such as AAA or AARP — with Citi’s 4th Night Free benefit.
Featured image courtesy of Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina Saint Lucia.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees