This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
While Oneworld passengers with American AAdvantage miles may have had some difficulty finding award seats to book, it’s been a very good year for business-class availability on Star Alliance. Turkish led this trend with wide-open business awards back in October of last year (those seats are still available!), and Austrian opened the award floodgates roughly a month ago. Now, EVA Air is offering exceptional availability of its own, with four or more seats available on many flights all the way through the end of the schedule in July 2017.
EVA offers one of the best business-class products to Asia, with nonstop flights between its Taipei hub and Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Seattle. From Taipei, you can connect to a handful of destinations in Asia on EVA or other Star Alliance partners.
This is excellent news for those of you with United miles, since you can book these flights to anywhere in Asia for just 80,000 miles (plus negligible cash co-pays for taxes and fees) each way. And, since United is a Chase partner, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards points instantly, giving you a fantastic option for redeeming those 100,000 bonus points you may have earned with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card.
So, just how good is this EVA availability? Let’s take a look.
You’ll find the most availability on flights to and from Chicago, EVA’s latest US addition. There are two or more seats on many flights through the end of the schedule in July:
After Chicago, Houston has the best availability, with two or more seats on almost every flight in early 2017:
Los Angeles has excellent availability as well:
As does San Francisco:
There’s quite a lot of availability from JFK for two passengers even:
It’s not clear just how long this availability will stick around — it could be a few hours, a few weeks or perhaps this is even a new EVA trend. Regardless, if you have a trip in mind that you can book, now’s a great time to pull the trigger.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.