This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through November 30, 2016, you can earn 500 Gold Passport points when you book a stay with Hyatt’s new app. It’s available for Android and iPhone, and it features a redesigned interface along with new features such as online checking and express checkout, the ability to request certain amenities at participating properties, info about stays including your room number and more.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, 500 Hyatt Gold Passport points are worth $9, so this promotion’s nothing to get too excited about. Still, based on the terms and conditions it appears you can earn the 500-point bonus multiple times, though only once per stay even if you have multiple rooms booked.
It’s not worth booking a spur-of-the moment trip to nab these extra points, but if you were already planning a stay at a Hyatt property, you might as well go through the app to boost your account balance — after all, every little bit helps you toward that next redemption.
Hyatt wrote in to explain why it’s offering this bonus:
The reason for the promotion is that we recently launched a new mobile app (make sure to update your app if you haven’t already). The new app puts guests in the driver’s seat from pre-arrival through departure, and includes a complete visual redesign of all the preexisting features. A few other highlights:
- Users can now see helpful information such as their room number and up-to-date charges for their stay at any time. Guests can use the app to choose Facebook Messenger or Twitter (and text message, for participating properties) to get in touch with Hyatt in real time.
- A new mobile guest requests feature allows travelers to request items through the mobile app such as towels, toothpaste, shampoo and more.
- Guests can choose to expedite their arrival and departure experiences through the mobile app with Online Check-in and Express Checkout.
If you do book a stay through the app for this promotion (or any other time, for that matter), make sure to use a card that earns you bonus points for your spending. Top options include the Hyatt Credit Card, which offers 3 points per dollar on Hyatt purchases, and the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which offers 3x points on all travel purchases (and you’ll be earning more valuable Ultimate Rewards points that can even be transferred to Hyatt to book an award stay).
Featured image courtesy of the Grand Hyatt Kauai.
Will you be taking advantage of this promotion?
Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotel stays booked and paid through hotels.com/venture. Pair that with the Hotels.com Rewards program and you'll essentially be getting 20% off of hotel bookings! With the 50,000 mile sign-up bonus you can get up to $700 in value based on TPG's most recent valuations and you'll have the flexibility to transfer those miles to participating airline partners or redeem those miles on any purchase for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
- Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
- Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
- Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.