This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through November 30, 2016, you can earn 500 Gold Passport points when you book a stay with Hyatt’s new app. It’s available for Android and iPhone, and it features a redesigned interface along with new features such as online checking and express checkout, the ability to request certain amenities at participating properties, info about stays including your room number and more.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, 500 Hyatt Gold Passport points are worth $9, so this promotion’s nothing to get too excited about. Still, based on the terms and conditions it appears you can earn the 500-point bonus multiple times, though only once per stay even if you have multiple rooms booked.
It’s not worth booking a spur-of-the moment trip to nab these extra points, but if you were already planning a stay at a Hyatt property, you might as well go through the app to boost your account balance — after all, every little bit helps you toward that next redemption.
Hyatt wrote in to explain why it’s offering this bonus:
The reason for the promotion is that we recently launched a new mobile app (make sure to update your app if you haven’t already). The new app puts guests in the driver’s seat from pre-arrival through departure, and includes a complete visual redesign of all the preexisting features. A few other highlights:
- Users can now see helpful information such as their room number and up-to-date charges for their stay at any time. Guests can use the app to choose Facebook Messenger or Twitter (and text message, for participating properties) to get in touch with Hyatt in real time.
- A new mobile guest requests feature allows travelers to request items through the mobile app such as towels, toothpaste, shampoo and more.
- Guests can choose to expedite their arrival and departure experiences through the mobile app with Online Check-in and Express Checkout.
If you do book a stay through the app for this promotion (or any other time, for that matter), make sure to use a card that earns you bonus points for your spending. Top options include the Hyatt Credit Card, which offers 3 points per dollar on Hyatt purchases, and the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which offers 3x points on all travel purchases (and you’ll be earning more valuable Ultimate Rewards points that can even be transferred to Hyatt to book an award stay).
Featured image courtesy of the Grand Hyatt Kauai.
Will you be taking advantage of this promotion?
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.