This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
Looking to hop across the pond this winter and do some exploring in Western Europe? We’re seeing great fares from New York City, Chicago and Washington D.C. to Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris, starting at just $439 round-trip. All flights are nonstop on Delta or United, with wide-open availability from January to March 2017, and some select flights in December. Hop on these prices as this deal won’t last long!
Airline: United, Delta
Route: EWR, JFK, IAD, ORD to AMS, BRU, CDG
Cost: $439+ round-trip in Economy
Dates: December 2016 – April 2017
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $439 round-trip in December:
Washington D.C. (IAD) to Brussels (BRU) for $443 round-trip in March to April 2017:
Chicago (ORD) to Paris (CDG) for $472 round-trip in March 2017:
New York City (JFK) to Brussels (BRU) for $443 round-trip in March 2017:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards