This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
In honor of its brand-new A330 service from South Florida to Scandinavia, SAS is offering phenomenal one-way fares, priced at just $99 from Miami to both Copenhagen and Oslo in late September and early October. While your first assumption may be that this is a mistake fare, SAS offered a similar deal shortly after launching LAX service earlier this year, so it does seem that this is intentional.
Note that $99 fares are not available on the return, but round-trips are available (on very limited dates) from $227. You can also fly nonstop on Norwegian’s Dreamliner from Copenhagen to nearby Fort Lauderdale starting at just $180 each way, or you can opt to redeem miles for economy or business class on the return. There’s even some business-class award availability on the nonstop from Oslo to Miami (outlined below) — and SAS’ A330 product is fantastic.
Airline: Scandinavian Airlines
Route: MIA to CPH and OSL
Cost: $99 one-way in economy
Dates: September – October 2016
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Miami (MIA) to Copenhagen (CPH) for $99 one-way on SAS:
Miami (MIA) to Oslo (OSL) for $99 one-way on SAS:
Miami (MIA) to Oslo (OSL) for $225 round-trip on SAS:
Oslo (OSL) to Miami (MIA) for 70,000 United miles in business class:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured Image courtesy of Shutterstock.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.