This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through October 14, 2016, you can transfer your Hyatt Gold Passport points to American Airlines with a 25% bonus. If you want to take advantage, there’s a minimum amount of 5,000 Gold Passport points per transaction, and additional points can be converted in 1,250-point increments in that same transaction. As you can see from the screenshot below, the best conversion rate you’d be getting is 2:1, which isn’t the best use of your Hyatt Gold Passport Points.
Keep in mind that if you transfer 50,000 Gold Passport points, you’ll get the 25,000 American AAdvantage miles based on the conversion rate plus a bonus of 6,250 miles. Even with this bonus, you’re not getting a great deal. If you transfer 50,000 Gold Passport points — worth about $900 based on TPG’s most recent valuations — you’d be getting 31,250 AAdvantage miles in return, worth about $469.
Keep in mind that if you want to take advantage, you could also transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt, and, therefore, to American, though you’ll generally be better off transferring Starpoints at a 1:1 ratio (plus a 5,000-mile bonus when you transfer 20,000 points). If you have an excess number of Hyatt Gold Passport points and are looking to add some AAdvantage miles to your account in a hurry, this bonus could be worthwhile — otherwise, it probably makes sense to hold off.
Featured image courtesy of the Grand Hyatt Bali.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards