This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the summer, Citi soft-launched a new Quick Lock feature to protect cardholders from fraudulent charges when they misplace their card. The issuer’s now ramping up the marketing campaign for this functionality, and providing more details about how it works.
If you have a Citi card (such as the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard or the Citi Prestige Card) that goes missing, you can “lock” your account by logging in to your Citi account online or via the Citi mobile app. You can also “unlock” a card through your account if you find it — otherwise you’ll want to contact the issuer about getting a replacement mailed your way. Note that recurring charges will continue to be processed; only new purchases that haven’t been previously approved will be blocked. This isn’t a new concept — Discover’s offered something similar since last year — but it is new to Citi accounts.
This isn’t the first customer-friendly feature Citi’s rolled out — its Price Rewind tool is a nice perk that lets cardholders save money if a purchased item goes down in price — but it’s an especially welcome one, given that it helps protect against unwanted charges in the unfortunate event that your card goes missing. If you have a Citi card, you can try this functionality out now — though hopefully you won’t have to use it in earnest!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Have you used the Citi Quick Lock feature?
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that