This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now though January 31, 2017, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card cardholders can score 10% off all hotel bookings through last-minute booking app HotelTonight.
There’s no registration required to take advantage of the discount. Instead, cardholders will need to enter promo code VENTURE on the payment screen to automatically see the 10% discount reflected on their account before finalizing the booking — you must use one of those two participating cards when checking out or else the 10% discount will be rejected. In addition to getting discounted hotel rates, Venture cardholders will still earn 2x miles on purchases, while VentureOne cardholders will still earn 1.25 miles on purchases.
Keep in mind that HotelTonight specializes in last-minute hotel bookings, so you can’t book your stay more than seven nights out and reservations can’t be for more than five consecutive nights. Note that you must book your stay by January 31, 2017, though travel can technically take place after that date (just not more than seven days past per HotelTonight’s policy). There’s no limit as to how many times you can take advantage of the discount during the promo period either.
Another great thing: the 10% discount can also be stacked with other promotions. If you don’t yet have a HotelTonight account, enter promo code BKELLY99 for an additional $25 credit when you use the app for the first time to book your stay.
If you don’t already have either of the Capital One cards eligible for this offer, it’s not too late to sign up. The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card comes with a sign-up bonus of 40,000 miles once you spend $3,000 within the first three months. You’ll earn an unlimited 2x miles per dollar on every purchase. The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card comes with a sign-up bonus of 20,000 miles after you spend $1,000 within the first three months and lets you earn an unlimited 1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. The best part: these miles never expire.
Featured image courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel (which you can book via HotelTonight).
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees