This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
Flying transpacific business class is a dream for many travelers, but it’s also out of reach for many due to the high cost of most seats. However, Delta’s currently offering discounted business-class fares that make that goal much more feasible. This deal can make that goal much more achievable with business-class seats from Canada to Beijing starting at $1,677 round-trip on Delta.
We’re seeing fares from Toronto (YYZ) and Montreal (YUL) to Beijing (PEK) from just $1,677 round-trip in Delta One, valid for departures from November through July 2017. Note that you’ll have to make a connection in Detroit (DTW) before you head to China on an Airbus A330 in a lie-flat seat. These business-class fares are definitely cheap enough to justify purchasing round-trip tickets to Toronto or Montreal to position yourself for the discounted long-haul segment.
Route: YYZ, YUL – PEK
Cost: $1,677+ round-trip in Business Class
Dates: November 2016 – July 2017
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Montreal (YUL) to Beijing (PEK) for $1,677 round-trip on Delta in November:
Toronto (YYZ) to Beijing (PEK) for $1,677 round-trip on Delta in February:
Toronto (YYZ) to Beijing (PEK) for $1,677 round-trip on Delta in July:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards