This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It pays to be born on a plane. A newborn baby has been awarded with free tickets for life on Buraq Air after his mother gave birth aboard a flight.
The newborn’s mother was on a flight from Tripoli, Libya, to Niamey, Niger, when she started going into labor. Being born on a plane has lead to some strange situations, but in this case, the child was born with the help of the flight’s cabin crew. The mother named the boy Abdul Baset, after the plane’s captain.
— CNN International (@cnni) September 8, 2016
Buraq Air is based in Libya and offers service aboard its small fleet to destinations in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
This isn’t the only time a baby has been rewarded for taking its first breath from 35,000 feet. Last month, a baby was born on a Cebu Pacific Air flight from Dubai to Manila. The airline celebrated the occasion with a gift of 1 million miles to the new child.
Featured image courtesy of Buraq Air.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards