Amex Offer: $200 Back after Spending $1,000+ with Virgin Atlantic
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time and generally targeted deals for American Express cardholders. Among the many mediocre and decent offers, there will sometimes be a gem that we don’t want you to miss — like $80 back when spending $500 or more at AmexTravel.com (still available through September 30), 2x Membership Rewards points on Amazon purchases and 10% off your cell phone bill.
Last month, we told you about an Amex Offer of $200 back when spending more than $1,000 in purchases on Delta (still available through September 30). Yesterday, Amex Offers released a strikingly similar offer: $200 back when spending $1,000 or more with Virgin Atlantic.
This offer is good for flights booked by November 6, 2016. But, you don’t need to complete travel by any particular date. Purchases must be made on Virgin Atlantic’s US website or the Virgin Atlantic mobile app. Flights booked through an online travel agent (i.e., Orbitz) won’t count for this promotion. Purchases made at “airports, Virgin Atlantic local offices and Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses” and in-flight purchases are also excluded.
Unlike the Delta offer, the Terms and Conditions of this offer doesn’t indicate that multiple purchases will be combined to reach the $1,000 spending threshold. If you’re looking at buying $600 flights for two people, it’d be best to purchase these tickets together rather than separately, just in case.
There are a few other restrictions to keep in mind when taking advantage of this offer:
- Flights must originate within the US
- Gift card purchases are specifically excluded
- Excludes purchases made through Virgin Vacations, Virgin America, Virgin Australia and Virgin.com
- One-time offer — so you won’t get a second $200 statement credit for spending $2,000+
If you’re hoping to get these flights reimbursed, don’t worry; you’ll see this $200 cash back as a statement credit. Your statement will still show the full amount of your airfare purchase for reimbursement purposes.
In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards.
Remember that Amex Offers are targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this promotion. We checked with the team and found that the following cards are included:
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- American Express Green Card
- Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
As with the Delta Amex Offer, this offer doesn’t appear to be targeted toward the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express or Amex business cards.
Are you planning on taking advantage of this offer?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees