This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You probably know Gogo as the legacy in-flight Wi-Fi provider that, well, doesn’t always offer the best performance. Fortunately, that’s changing with the company’s new 2Ku service, which I experienced (and enjoyed using) back in March. Of course, having great technology doesn’t do much good when a major nation doesn’t allow you to use it for a significant chunk of some international flights — however, that’ll soon change as well, as China is lifting its restriction on Gogo service this October.
Gogo is partnering with China Telecom Satellite to provide the service — it’s unclear whether that partnership means China will be able to monitor in-flight internet usage, but I imagine that will be the case. Additionally, as part of this agreement, it’s likely that China will also be lifting its electronic device ban, which currently prevents passengers from using any smartphones or laptops during domestic flights.
Gogo recently announced that it will begin installing 2Ku on several Hainan and Beijing Capital Airlines aircraft, with some planes offering in-flight streaming entertainment as well.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards