This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Thanks to a new promotion from Visa and Emirates, you can save up to $1,000 on a round-trip Emirates flight through June 15, 2017. To claim your discount, use Visa Checkout to purchase your flight by September 8 and use the promo code USAVISA when completing your purchase.
After entering the code, you’ll automatically receive $50 off an economy ticket, $250 off a business class ticket or $1,000 off a first class ticket. With Emirates first class tickets costing well over $25,000 for flights between New York (JFK) and Dubai (DXB), $1,000 may not make too much of a difference, but then again you could treat yourself to an amazing dinner with that extra cash in your pocket!
Visa Checkout allows you to pay with whichever credit card you like, so make sure to use one that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards