Chase Sapphire Reserve, Best Hotel Credit Cards, Three Countries for the Price of One and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Sapphire Reserve
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
Chase has confirmed that next week it’ll be launching the Chase Sapphire Reserve card, quite possibly the best travel credit card ever to be offered. The card will offer a sign-up bonus of an incredible 100,000 Ultimate Rewards points (after spending $4,000 within the first three months), among many other benefits, upon its release. Stay tuned to the blog for updates throughout the week.
Read about the 7 credit cards that are best for staying in hotels. Many offer sign-up bonuses of complimentary nights and entitle you to perks that can enhance your stay.
Air Serbia recently launched nonstop service between New York (JFK) and Belgrade (BEG) with a retrofitted Airbus A330. Find out what it’s like to fly to the heart of Eastern Europe in the carrier’s business-class cabin.
With the release of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card just around the corner, the Amex Platinum and Citi Prestige cards suddenly look a lot less appealing. Here are some things each issuer could to that would improve the value proposition of each card.
Starting at just $1,270 including taxes, you can visit Australia, New Zealand and Tahiti thanks to an amazing deal from Air Tahiti Nui.
In Other News…
British Airways To Test For-Purchase Snacks in Long-Haul Economy
Earlier this week, we learned that that British Airways will replace the second meal with a snack bar in the economy cabin on transatlantic flights. Coincidentally, starting August 23, the carrier will test serving for-purchase snacks in economy on certain long-haul flights. Alcohol will remain complimentary — at least for now.
Earn 5,000 SkyBonus Points When You Book a Delta Comfort+ Seat
Between now and September 30, 2016, you can earn 5,000 bonus points for booking a Comfort+ seat through Delta’s SkyBonus program. SkyBonus allows companies to earn additional miles when employees fly on Delta or any of its joint venture partners — Air France, KLM and Alitalia.
Cathay Pacific Makes Positive Changes to its Checked Bag Rules
In a very customer-friendly move, Cathay Pacific has increased the weight limits on checked bags for all four classes of travel on flights booked on or after September 15, 2016. Under the new rules, passengers will be allowed to check 10 kg (22 pounds) more than under the previous rules.
Wyndham Rewards Ranks #1 in US News and World Report Rankings
US News and World Report has ranked Wyndham Rewards the best hotel rewards program. The chain has made significant changes recently that certainly helped contribute to its #1 ranking.
China To Limit Air Koryo Flights After Safety Incident
Air Koryo, the world’s worst airline, will face limits on flights between China and North Korea due to a safety incident involving one of the carrier’s Tupolov TU204-300 aircraft on a flight between Beijing and Pyongyang last month. Check out our review for a taste of the in-flight experience.
Featured image courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton, Sanya, Yalong Bay.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees