This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now that the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro have officially ended, it’s time to look ahead to Tokyo 2020 — Japan is a nation known for its technological innovations, and the city’s Olympic games are sure to uphold that reputation.
Olympics organizers are already planning several major tech projects that will surely wow the audience. For starters, guests will be able to interact with robots that will act as concierge, recommending the best places to eat, shop, sightsee and see a show in the city. A tech company is also working hard to create driverless vehicles that will shuttle passengers between venues, while consumer electronics giant Panasonic wants to create wearable translation devices to help guests communicate with Olympics staff and one another.
While 2020 may seem far away, it’ll be here before we know it, and planners of the Tokyo games want to make sure the city is fully prepared to show off its modernity, safety, cleanliness and vibrancy to the thousands of people who will be coming in for the competitions.
What do you expect to see at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.