This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber’s been rolling out some new products in recent months — some of which have stuck, like $5 commuter rides with UberPool in New York, UberCentral, a flat rate pass for NYC riders and scheduling your Uber rides in advance. And now, Uber’s latest flat fare promotion targets Miami-based riders.
Miami Uber riders can now purchase a $30 package to give them $5 flat fares on up to 20 trips. The flat fares are valid on both weekday and weekend trips with UberX in the designated Uber Miami area. The 20 trips must be completed by September 30 — any trips not used will be removed from your account and become unredeemable.
Unfortunately, if you choose to purchase the package, which will give you the flat fare rides, you can only use them in the Miami area. Note that the $5 flat fare is only eligible for rides that are less than $25 — for any ride that exceeds that limit, you’ll be responsible for paying the difference.
If you don’t already have an Uber account, you can sign up here to receive your first ride for free (up to $20) from TPG. Also keep in mind that you should sync a credit card with your Uber account that will earn you the most return on your ride, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x points per dollar on travel.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards