This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, we here at TPG were excited to announce the second version of our points and miles maximization app, called TPG To Go 2.0. With it, users can create a more customizable app interface to help maximize rewards earned from credit-card spending. But one piece of feedback we kept getting was: This would be more useful if TPG To Go could tell where you were so you didn’t have to open the app every time you went to, say, the supermarket or bodega down the street.
So with that, we’re excited to launch TPG To Go 2.1! The latest addition to TPG To Go is Ambient Alerts, which will alert you about how to best maximize your cards based on your current location. No more fumbling to open the app and click on the store you’re at. Instead, the alert will come straight to your device’s home screen.
Ambient’s real-time notifications are not only helpful; it won’t make a huge impact on your phone’s battery — less than 5% per day. The new service includes all major retail categories — supermarkets, gas stations, retailers, restaurants, you name it — and how to best maximize your purchase. If Ambient detects that you’re at a Starbucks, for example, it’ll tell you to use your synced Chase Sapphire Preferred to earn 2x points on dining.
To activate Ambient Alerts, make sure you have the most recent version of the TPG To Go app from the App Store. From there, click Settings & Help from the main menu, scroll down and make sure Ambient Alerts is toggled on. From then on, whenever the app knows where you are, it will alert you when it can suggest which card is best to use at that specific retailer.
With the addition of Ambient Alerts to TPG To Go, maximizing your points and miles has never been easier. If you have any questions or comments about the new Ambient Alerts feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know — we’d like to hear from you!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards