Three Fun Destinations for Kids in London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a little bit of a rocky start due to normal jetlag + a slightly unwell baby on arrival from London, our next 24 hours have proven to be much better…and we couldn’t ask for better weather than 79 degrees and sunny. In fact, we didn’t really pack appropriately for weather quite this warm!
Eat, Play, and Shop at Harrods
It may sound crazy, but a big winner for the little ones so far has been the Disney Cafe on the 4th floor in Harrods. Not inexpensive food, but lots of games to play, Toy Story showing on the TV, and it was just really well themed and laid back. It was also a good place to just let kids be kids for a bit instead of trying to make them pretend to be little adults. It is also just one floor above the toy floor, so this was a double win for the six year old!
For C and me, a trip to Europe isn’t at all complete without doing some macaron flavor testing, which was made very simple, fun, and delicious by the assortment available at Harrods. If macarons aren’t your thing (and why aren’t they?!), there is an endless variety of other amazing looking treats on the ground floor at Harrods.
Explore Hyde Park
We are staying just a couple blocks from Hyde Park, so it was an obvious choice for a morning of outdoor fun. These days I don’t make it to many museums and attractions on trips, but instead we often just pretend we live wherever we are and do things like climb trees in the park and explore playgrounds.
The perfect weather made this perfect family excursion, well, perfect. Hyde Park is quite large, so just pick a section of it at a time instead of trying to see the whole thing at once.
Visit State Rooms at Buckingham Palace
Last but not least, we visited the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace and it was simply amazing to get to actually go inside instead of just peering through the bars out front as we had done so many times before.
Sadly you can’t take pictures in the palace, but once you through the 1-2 hour tour and get to the back gardens you can click away to your heart’s content. There is also a cafe just off the patio of the palace where we had lunch. Eating cake at the palace is pretty awesome for both the little ones and the big ones in our group. Again, the perfect weather was just the icing on our strawberry cake.
We’re not going to make it everywhere in London on this trip, but we’re all having a good time, and doing our best to take it all in one family friendly spot at a time!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees