Three Fun Destinations for Kids in London
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a little bit of a rocky start due to normal jetlag + a slightly unwell baby on arrival from London, our next 24 hours have proven to be much better…and we couldn’t ask for better weather than 79 degrees and sunny. In fact, we didn’t really pack appropriately for weather quite this warm!
Eat, Play, and Shop at Harrods
It may sound crazy, but a big winner for the little ones so far has been the Disney Cafe on the 4th floor in Harrods. Not inexpensive food, but lots of games to play, Toy Story showing on the TV, and it was just really well themed and laid back. It was also a good place to just let kids be kids for a bit instead of trying to make them pretend to be little adults. It is also just one floor above the toy floor, so this was a double win for the six year old!
For C and me, a trip to Europe isn’t at all complete without doing some macaron flavor testing, which was made very simple, fun, and delicious by the assortment available at Harrods. If macarons aren’t your thing (and why aren’t they?!), there is an endless variety of other amazing looking treats on the ground floor at Harrods.
Explore Hyde Park
We are staying just a couple blocks from Hyde Park, so it was an obvious choice for a morning of outdoor fun. These days I don’t make it to many museums and attractions on trips, but instead we often just pretend we live wherever we are and do things like climb trees in the park and explore playgrounds.
The perfect weather made this perfect family excursion, well, perfect. Hyde Park is quite large, so just pick a section of it at a time instead of trying to see the whole thing at once.
Visit State Rooms at Buckingham Palace
Last but not least, we visited the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace and it was simply amazing to get to actually go inside instead of just peering through the bars out front as we had done so many times before.
Sadly you can’t take pictures in the palace, but once you through the 1-2 hour tour and get to the back gardens you can click away to your heart’s content. There is also a cafe just off the patio of the palace where we had lunch. Eating cake at the palace is pretty awesome for both the little ones and the big ones in our group. Again, the perfect weather was just the icing on our strawberry cake.
We’re not going to make it everywhere in London on this trip, but we’re all having a good time, and doing our best to take it all in one family friendly spot at a time!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.