This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rental car loyalty programs aren’t known for being the most rewarding in the industry. However, there are some sweet spots if you know where to look. And National Car Rental’s Emerald Club is a great example, since it often offers a very rewarding perk: One Two Free.
With the One Two Free promotion, National Emerald Club members will receive a free one-day rental after earning 600 points, which you’ll receive after completing two rentals with a midsize or larger car that has lasted at least two days — or through other eligible activities (listed below, though your bonus opportunities may vary a bit). In order to be eligible for this promotion, Emerald Club members must register and complete their rentals between August 25, 2016 and January 31, 2017, and earned points and Free Rental Day coupons expire on June 15, 2017 at 11:59pm.
As you can see above, there are a few ways you can break down the points-earning to get to the 600-point threshold. Here are a few examples:
- 300 points for each qualifying rental made after that date on which the member register and which occurs during the period beginning August 25, 2016 and January 31, 2017. (Two of these rentals will give you the 600 points and therefore the free rental.)
- 300 bonus points when you preregister for the promotion
- Points earned during the 2015 One Two Free promotion that are rolled over when you register for the 2016 promotion
- 300 bonus points when you redeem a Free Rental Day earned during the 2016 promotion
- 25 bonus points when you download the National Car Rental app
- 75 bonus points when you reserve using the National Car Rental app and complete the rental
This is a great promotion — especially if you’re already planning to rent a car more than twice, as your third rental (of up to one day) will be free. Also keep in mind that several credit cards offer you complimentary status with National’s Emerald Club, such as the new Chase Sapphire Reserve card, which gives you an automatic Emerald Club Executive membership.
This is one of the top premium cards out there since you earn 3x on all travel and dining and have access to great perks like a $300 travel credit each cardmember year, 50% more value when you redeem points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards and you get elite travel benefits like Global Entry application fee rebate, Priority Pass Select and special rental car privileges.
- Earn 50K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- Named a ‘Best Travel Credit Card for 2017’ by MONEY® Magazine
- 3X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Plus, no foreign transaction fees
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®