This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature Card, Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card, Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, United MileagePlus Explorer Card
For a limited time, you can earn 3x United miles when you complete any hotel stay at participating Hilton properties in Canada, Central America, South America and the Caribbean between now and November 18, 2016. You simply have to register for the promotion before you stay and select United Airlines as your Double Dip miles partner in your Honors profile.
Remember, you can earn even more miles by signing up for the United MileagePlus Explorer Card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 within the first three months of account opening. You can also earn nights at Hilton properties by signing up for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of up to 75,000 bonus Honors points after making $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of account opening.
That Hilton co-branded card isn’t the only one to consider. The no-fee Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card is currently offering 75,000 points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months, but this limited-time offer so it could be worth signing up sooner than later. There’s also the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card (with a $95 annual fee), which offers a sign-up bonus of two free weekend nights after you spend $2,500 in the first four months — and you’re not limited to lower-category properties
Featured image courtesy of the Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort and Casino.
The United Explorer card recently got some enhancements like 2 miles per dollar spent at restaurants and on hotel stays and a $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check Fee credit. With the current offer you'll earn 40,000 miles after you spend $2,000 within the first 3 months and the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year.
- 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- New! Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
- New! Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- New! 25% back on United inflight purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club℠ with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases