This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
American Airlines is currently offering excellent fares on nonstop flights from NYC to Orlando, with round-trips starting at just $108 round-trip. The deal is available mostly throughout the month of September, with some dates in October and November available for just a bit more. This fare could make for a great last-minute vacation to Disney World or Universal Studios.
This is also a great opportunity to take advantage of the new Visa Infinite companion discount that comes with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card. That benefit would bring the cost down to just $58 per person round-trip! Using Citi Thank You points from the Citi Prestige at 1.6 cents per point is also a great value. That would cost just 6,762 points round-trip, and you would earn 50% of the distance flown in redeemable miles, or nearly 974 instead of the 372 miles you would earn with revenue-based accrual.
Route: New York to Orlando
Cost: $108+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2016
Booking Link: Expedia
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Orlando (MCO) for $108 round-trip via AA:
New York (JFK) to Orlando (MCO) for 6,762 Thank You points round-trip via Citi:
New York (JFK) to Orlando (MCO) for $116 round-trip for two people via Visa:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured Image courtesy of Shutterstock.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards