This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card
If you haven’t jumped on the 75,000-point sign-up bonus offered by the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card but could use some HHonors points, now’s the time to act. This current sign-up bonus is a limited time offer, after which it will likely drop back to the usual offer of 40,000 points.
The current offer awards you 75,000 HHonors points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months. Not only is this a relatively low minimum spending requirement, but this is also a no-annual-fee card.
Reasons to Get It
According to TPG’s valuations, 75,000 HHonors points are worth $375, though you could potentially get even more value out of your points if you redeem them at an especially expensive property. For example, you could get a free night at the Category 9 Hilton Moorea, where rates start at about $522 per night in October. Of course, you could also stretch your rewards by redeeming them at lower-tier Hilton properties, where free nights start at 5,000 points.
The main draw with this no-fee card is the 75,000-point offer currently available, but it does have a few other noteworthy features. You’ll earn 6x points on Hilton hotel stays; 3x points on spending at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations and 2x points everywhere else. You’ll also enjoy complimentary HHonors Silver status as long as you’re a cardmember, with the opportunity to fast-track to Gold status when you complete four stays within your first 90 days from account opening or make $20,000 in purchases each calendar year. Finally, each year that you spend $1,000 or more on Hilton stays with the card, you’ll earn a 10,000-point loyalty bonus.
The Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card offers some solid value for a no-fee card — especially if you nab the 75,000-point bonus and redeem your rewards at a higher-tier property. Though Citi’s offered this higher bonus a few times this year — first in February, then again starting in late June — there’s no guarantee that it will be back anytime soon. If you can maximize the card’s other benefits to earn the loyalty bonus and/or upgrade to Gold status in addition to getting good use out of those 75,000 points, it could definitely be worth nabbing this bonus before it expires at the end of the month.
Featured image courtesy of the Hilton Moorea.
What would you do with the 75,000 HHonors points?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees