This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is currently running a Flying Kind sweepstakes, offering AAdvantage members the chance to win 250,000 miles. As the name suggests, however, this isn’t a straight giveaway; there’s also a charitable component. For each eligible entry, AA will donate 250 miles to one of seven participating organizations.
To enter, you need to share a travel tip that fits into one of five categories: Earning AAdvantage Miles, Redeeming AAdvantage Miles, Prepping for a Trip, Navigating the Airport or Flying the Skies. If you don’t have a particular tip in mind or you already see yours listed, you can comment on it or like your five favorite tips instead. You have until October 11, 2016 to enter, and you’re limited to just one entry per person.
There are seven charities from which to choose: the American Red Cross, Fisher House Foundation, Make-A-Wish, Snowball Express, Stand Up to Cancer, Susan G. Komen and UNICEF. You can read more about each of them here. American will donate a minimum of 250,000 miles to each participating organization.
If you’re an AAdvantage member, there’s no reason not to participate in this sweepstakes. Not only will your travel tip (or comment, or likes) lead to a donation from AA, but you’ll be in the running to win a tidy sum of travel rewards. Even with the recent AAdvantage chart devaluation, 250,000 miles can take you pretty far — it’s enough for two round-trip first-class awards to Asia, among other options.
Donating to charity can be a great way to put your miles to use, and in this scenario you won’t even part with your own travel rewards. Plus, you might learn a thing or two when browsing other entrants’ travel tips.
How would you use 250,000 AAdvantage miles?
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.