Deal Alert: US Cities to Australia from $749 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
If you’ve been wanting to take a trip Down Under, now is the time to book! We’re seeing fares from $749 round-trip from many US cities including Seattle (SEA), San Francisco (SFO), Newark (EWR), Chicago (ORD) and Denver (DEN), valid for departures from August through December 2016. Delta and United are going head to head, already cutting prices on fares to Asia, and now Sydney (SYD) and Melbourne (MEL). This is a very extensive fare sale, with availability from all Delta and United hubs around the $800 mark. We recommend using Google Flights to find your desired itinerary, and then continue to the airlines’ websites to complete booking.
Airline: Delta, United, and Virgin Australia
Route: US Cities to Australia
Cost: $749+ round-trip in economy
Dates: August – December 2016
Booking Link: Orbitz
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are some examples of what you can book:
Newark (EWR) to Sydney (SYD) for $790 round-trip in December on Virgin Australia:
Denver (DEN) to Sydney (SYD) for $749 round-trip in October on Delta:
Seattle (SEA) to Sydney (SYD) for $828 round-trip in October on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Sydney (SYD) for $828 round-trip in October on Delta:
Chicago(ORD) to Sydney (SYD) for $762 round-trip in November on Virgin Australia:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.