This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the battle between Lyft and Uber rages on, there are always incentives to look out for from both rideshare services. Both Uber and Lyft continue to roll out service enhancements, including a new option to schedule rides in advance — up to 24 hours for Lyft and up to 30 days for Uber. Last year, Lyft offered some airport-specific savings, and this year there’s a new promo offering riders savings on trips to or from the airport.
With this new Lyft promo, which is valid even for existing customers, you’ll receive $5 off two rides to or from select airports. The $5 discount rides are valid through September 30, 2016. To get the two $5 discounts, open your Lyft app and click the Payment tab on the main menu. From there, click Add Credit Code and type in the promo code FLYLYFT16 in the payment field and click Apply. The two discounts should automatically populate in the Payment Methods section, and you can click through for complete details about which airports are eligible.
The airports are detailed in the Lyft app, but major airports include: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Denver International Airport (DEN), Washington, DC (IAD and DCA), Chicago Midway (MDW), McCarran International Airport (LAS), New York (JFK and LGA), Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), Dallas (DFW and DAL) and more.
While this isn’t a huge amount of money, it will help make up for surcharges that have been implemented at airports across the country. Between two trips to or from the airport, this promotion can save you $10, so it could be worth taking advantage of. Don’t forget to sync a credit card with your Lyft account that will maximize your point and mileage accrual, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, which earns 2x points on travel.
H/T: Renes Points
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards