This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, The Platinum Card® from American Express
There are several several credit cards that offer Boingo Wi-Fi service for free, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express. Boingo allows users to connect to Wi-Fi in hundreds of airports and other public locations — a convenient service for the frequent traveler. And now, Amazon Underground and Boingo have teamed up to offer six months of the service for free.
To take advantage, download the Boingo Wi-Finder app with the “Actually Free” sash on Amazon Underground from an Android phone. You’ll then create a free Boingo account, which you must do before December 31, 2016. There’s no need to enter credit card information or additional details — once you’ve downloaded the app through Amazon Underground, you’ve got the six-month subscription.
If you already have a Boingo account, you’ll need to create a new one in order to take advantage, as this offer is only good for new accounts. With this promotion, you can sync up to two devices per account — the Android device you use to download it will count as your first device, so you’ll have one more option available.
This is a great opportunity to get a service for free that usually costs around $10 per month. If you’re a frequent traveler and an Android user (or have access to an Android device), there’s no reason not to take advantage of this promotion.
H/T: Le Chic Geek
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.