This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency, such as Orbitz, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to travel. Additionally, keep in mind that discounted partner fares may not earn miles with US-based carriers.
SkyTeam carriers are offering discounted fares to Milan, Italy (MXP) from New York (JFK) for the fall and early winter. We’re seeing fares as low as $409 round-trip in December, but fares seem to be hovering between $400 – $500 for much of the late summer and fall — including the Thanksgiving holiday. The best fares can be found through Momondo, which will lead you to book through a third-party OTA.
Airline: SkyTeam carriers
Route: JFK – MXP
Cost: $409+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2016 – March 2017
Booking Link: Momondo
Pay With: American Express Premier Rewards Gold, Citi Prestige or Chase Sapphire Preferred
Here are some examples of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $409 round-trip on SkyTeam:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $412 round-trip on Alitalia:
New York (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for $456 round-trip on Alitalia:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards