This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next week, thousands will descend upon Farnborough, England, a small town outside of London to witness one of the biggest events in the aviation world — the Farnborough Air Show. The show features the latest in all things aviation — from small drones to military fighter jets. As you’d expect, both Airbus and Boeing will have a sizable presence, with plans to show off the very latest in commercial aviation.
Boeing’s 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft is the company’s most advanced jet to date and is packed with technology that boosts efficiency, performance and comfort for passengers. This week’s crazy aviation video shows just how much of a performance machine the aircraft really is — it performs a stunning, almost vertical takeoff and then continues to be pushed to its limits in other incredible maneuvers.
Team TPG will be represented at the Farnborough Air Show next week, so stay tuned for the latest from England!
What’s the most memorable performance you’ve seen at an air show?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards