This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Prestige Card
There’s no doubt that the Citi Prestige is one of the most rewarding travel credit cards out there, mainly because of its nifty 4th Night Free benefit, which once saved TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig $1,490 on a single hotel booking. Citi also changed its system recently to make booking 4th Night Free stays even easier. Now, the company is targeting select Prestige cardholders who’ve recently used the benefit, offering them a $50 Amazon Gift Card to say thanks.
Several TPG staff members are Citi Prestige cardholders, yet only one received the email with information on how to get the Gift Card — each targeted cardholder receives a unique code that they can input on Amazon.com to receive the $50 credit. The email reads:
Thank you for using your Citi® Prestige Concierge to book your recent hotel stay utilizing our “Fourth Night Free” benefit. We are glad that you were able to “stay a little bit longer,” thanks to this benefit available exclusively to Citi® Prestige cardmembers.
As a small token of our appreciation and your loyalty, we are including in this email a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card. This is our way of saying “thank you” for using this service and being a loyal Citi® Prestige cardmember.
Your Amazon.com Gift Card can easily be redeemed for purchases on Amazon.com.
It’s not clear exactly who Citi’s targeting for this offer, but it’s definitely worth checking your email to see if you did get it. Several people on FlyerTalk have reported getting the $50 Amazon Gift Card, with one person saying they’d only used the 4th Night Free benefit a few times in the past year.
This out-of-the-blue perk is a prime example of how having a premier travel rewards credit card can benefit you beyond earning valuable, transferable points. The Citi Prestige currently comes with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. You’ll also get an annual $250 air travel credit, access to Admirals Club and Priority Pass lounges, a $100 Global Entry fee credit and access to the 4th Night Free benefit, among many other perks. The card comes with a $450 annual fee, but that can easily be justified by the perks you’ll receive.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards