Citi Targets Select Prestige Cardholders With a $50 Amazon Gift Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
There’s no doubt that the Citi Prestige is one of the most rewarding travel credit cards out there, mainly because of its nifty 4th Night Free benefit, which once saved TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig $1,490 on a single hotel booking. Citi also changed its system recently to make booking 4th Night Free stays even easier. Now, the company is targeting select Prestige cardholders who’ve recently used the benefit, offering them a $50 Amazon Gift Card to say thanks.
Several TPG staff members are Citi Prestige cardholders, yet only one received the email with information on how to get the Gift Card — each targeted cardholder receives a unique code that they can input on Amazon.com to receive the $50 credit. The email reads:
Thank you for using your Citi® Prestige Concierge to book your recent hotel stay utilizing our “Fourth Night Free” benefit. We are glad that you were able to “stay a little bit longer,” thanks to this benefit available exclusively to Citi® Prestige cardmembers.
As a small token of our appreciation and your loyalty, we are including in this email a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card. This is our way of saying “thank you” for using this service and being a loyal Citi® Prestige cardmember.
Your Amazon.com Gift Card can easily be redeemed for purchases on Amazon.com.
It’s not clear exactly who Citi’s targeting for this offer, but it’s definitely worth checking your email to see if you did get it. Several people on FlyerTalk have reported getting the $50 Amazon Gift Card, with one person saying they’d only used the 4th Night Free benefit a few times in the past year.
This out-of-the-blue perk is a prime example of how having a premier travel rewards credit card can benefit you beyond earning valuable, transferable points. The Citi Prestige currently comes with a sign-up bonus of 50,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. You’ll also get an annual $250 air travel credit, access to Admirals Club and Priority Pass lounges, a $100 Global Entry fee credit and access to the 4th Night Free benefit, among many other perks. The card comes with a $450 annual fee, but that can easily be justified by the perks you’ll receive.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees