Citi Prestige Apparently Getting a New Sign-Up Bonus Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Citi Prestige Card is one of TPG’s top picks in his latest monthly round-up of card offers, and it’s a great option to use for paid hotel stays thanks to the incredibly valuable 4th Night Free benefit. Provided you can maximize the card’s many perks, it’s definitely worth a spot in your wallet, even considering the $450 annual fee. And if you’ve been considering signing up, now may be just the time to do so, as the card will reportedly be getting a new sign-up bonus on Tuesday, July 19.
Currently, the card has a sign-up bonus of 50,000 Citi ThankYou points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months. Based on TPG’s latest valuations, that points haul is worth $800 — and you can put those rewards to great use with travel partners such as Cathay Pacific, Etihad Guest, Hilton and Virgin Atlantic, in addition to redeeming points for 1.6 cents apiece with American and 1.33 cents apiece for all other airfare. (TPG Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig has gotten thousands of dollars in value from the card.)
It’s unclear whether the sign-up offer will increase or decrease, but given the way things work in the travel rewards space — and the fact that the Citi Premier® Card recently eliminated its sign-up bonus completely — it’s more likely to go down rather up. We’ve seen targeted 100,000-point offers for the Citi Prestige in the past, but it’s highly unlikely that the issuer would make this the standard bonus. It’s also unclear if any other changes are in store for the card. Given the popularity of the amazing 4th Night Free perk, which is now easier than ever to use, it’s likely that at least that benefit is safe, or at least we hope!
When it comes to travel rewards, uncertainty is just a fact of life. You never know when a credit card sign-up bonus will drop significantly or a frequent flyer program will announce a devaluation. That’s one of the reasons that you shouldn’t earn points and miles without a goal or a plan for redeeming them — and it’s also something to consider when you’re weighing whether or not to wait before applying for a card.
That said, even if you do wait to apply for the Citi Prestige Card and the bonus goes down, it could still be worth it. While the ThankYou points are definitely nice to have, the card’s main draw is the ability to get a fourth night free on a hotel stay, which can save you thousands. That’s not even mentioning the $250 annual airline fee credit (which can be used for airfare in addition to incidentals), complimentary Admirals Club access when you fly AA and Priority Pass membership. We’ll have to wait until Tuesday to know for sure what the Citi Prestige Card has in store, but depending on your situation, this news could be the extra push that leads you to apply now rather than later.
Share your predictions for the new Citi Prestige Card bonus in the comments below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees