This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s summertime and we’ve got music on the brain! Here, TPG Contributor Michael Spelfogel outlines some of the best music festivals happening around the country this summer — plus one in Canada you shouldn’t miss either.
Summer’s flying by, and while legendary music festivals like Lollapalooza and the Newport Folk Festival have already sold out, there’s still plenty of time to catch a great show. Here’s a look at five concerts and music festivals happening around the US and Canada this summer that should be on your radar.
1) Panorama, New York City, July 22-24
This epic three-day celebration of music and art in Randall’s Island Park in New York City attracts some of the biggest names in the music industry. If you’re going to be in the Big Apple that weekend, don’t miss it.
Headliners: Kendrick Lamar, LCD Soundsystem, Sia, Arcade Fire
Ticket Cost: $125 per day or $369 for three days
VIP Access: $265 per day or $769 for three days
2) Osheaga Festival Musique et Arts, Montréal, July 29-31
Just a quick hop north, Osheaga, which takes place in Montréal’s Parc Jean-Drapeau, attracts both American and Canadian visitors alike. Artists performing this year include household names like Radiohead and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, as well as other up and coming musicians.
Headliners: Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lana del Rey, Death Cab for Cutie, The Lumineers, Bastille
Ticket Cost: As of this writing, only Saturday tickets are available for $89 ($115 CAD).
VIP Access: Sold Out
3) Bumbershoot, Seattle, September 2-4
The largest music festival in the Pacific Northwest, Bumbershoot brings together a variety of performers from backgrounds for an epic celebration of music in Washington’s Seattle Center.
Headliners: Billy Idol, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Third Eye Blind, Death Cab For Cutie, G-Eazy, Pretty Lights
Ticket Cost: As of this writing, only the 3-day pass for $225, as well as several hotel packages, are available.
VIP Access: For $750, you can purchase the Emerald Pass for access to exclusive viewing areas — including a private Emerald Lounge with complimentary food, drinks and charging stations — express entry at every stage and private restroom facilities, among other perks.
4) Made in America, Philadelphia, September 3-4
Made in America boasts one of the hottest summer lineups this year, with artists that regularly appear on the Billboard top 100 list. The festival is two days long and takes place in Philadelphia over Labor Day weekend.
Headliners: Coldplay, Rihanna, Colle Grove (2 Chainz & Lil Wayne), DJ Khaled, Gary Clark Jr.
Ticket Cost: 2-day general admission passes are on sale through Ticketmaster.com from $199 per person.
VIP Access: Not Applicable
5) Electric Zoo, New York City, September 2-4
Also located in Randall’s Island Park, or “Wild Island” as Electric Zoo dubs it, the festival brings the best electronic dance music to the Big Apple over Labor Day weekend.
Headliners: The Chainsmokers, Tiësto, Cedric Gervais, Porter Robinson Live, Hardwell, Carnage, Bassnectar
Ticket Cost: $79 for Friday, $89 for Sunday, $109 for Saturday or $249 for the Wild Weekend three-day pass
VIP Access: Sold Out
Which music festivals are you most excited about? Let us know, below.
Featured image courtesy of Made in America’s Facebook page.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees