7 Reasons Why You’ll Want to Work at The Points Guy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the past six years, this site has grown beyond my wildest dreams — both in traffic and staff — and we cover significantly more travel, lifestyle and personal finance than ever before. But we’re not done growing yet.
For the first time in our history, we’re hiring a head of social media, someone who has experience overseeing a brand’s presence on multiple social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This is a senior role in the company but also a hands-on position reporting to the editorial director and working with editors, with our marketing team, and with me personally. We’re looking for someone who appreciates our brand, loves travel, enjoys strategizing and knows how to act on data and trends.
Interested parties can apply here. Please note: We’ll have more roles opening in the next few months — follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest. And for those of you curious about the work culture at TPG, I asked the team to create a list of job perks. Here’s what they said:
- While our office is based in New York City, we all have an opportunity to work remotely from time to time.
- Depends on the day, but we often get free lunch. More important, we flip a coin to see who gets the points. We also host truffle tastings once a week. Brian likes to surprise us with boxes of chocolate. He’s making us fat.
- We offer “summer Fridays,” which means employees can leave by 1pm if the work is done and the manager OKs it.
- We have a diverse office with professionals from many different industries. This includes our new VP of Marketing & Communications Cliff Fleiser (who came to us from Tom Ford) and Editorial Director James Oliver Cury (formerly at Details.com).
- We support many worthy causes including PeaceJam (the global leader in peace education that is led by 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners), amfAR (American Foundation for AIDS research) and a non-profit we launched called Points for Peace, which helps people donate points and miles and expertise in booking award tickets to help spread peace and develop a new generation of global youth leaders.
- We go to work every day knowing that we help readers travel to places they didn’t think they could afford. We inspire wanderlust, we’re making people smarter consumers and we get thank-you’s for this all the time.
- It’s a dog-friendly office. Have you met Miles?
Here’s the link again for the new head of social media position.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees