7 Reasons Why You’ll Want to Work at The Points Guy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Over the past six years, this site has grown beyond my wildest dreams — both in traffic and staff — and we cover significantly more travel, lifestyle and personal finance than ever before. But we’re not done growing yet.
For the first time in our history, we’re hiring a head of social media, someone who has experience overseeing a brand’s presence on multiple social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This is a senior role in the company but also a hands-on position reporting to the editorial director and working with editors, with our marketing team, and with me personally. We’re looking for someone who appreciates our brand, loves travel, enjoys strategizing and knows how to act on data and trends.
Interested parties can apply here. Please note: We’ll have more roles opening in the next few months — follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest. And for those of you curious about the work culture at TPG, I asked the team to create a list of job perks. Here’s what they said:
- While our office is based in New York City, we all have an opportunity to work remotely from time to time.
- Depends on the day, but we often get free lunch. More important, we flip a coin to see who gets the points. We also host truffle tastings once a week. Brian likes to surprise us with boxes of chocolate. He’s making us fat.
- We offer “summer Fridays,” which means employees can leave by 1pm if the work is done and the manager OKs it.
- We have a diverse office with professionals from many different industries. This includes our new VP of Marketing & Communications Cliff Fleiser (who came to us from Tom Ford) and Editorial Director James Oliver Cury (formerly at Details.com).
- We support many worthy causes including PeaceJam (the global leader in peace education that is led by 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners), amfAR (American Foundation for AIDS research) and a non-profit we launched called Points for Peace, which helps people donate points and miles and expertise in booking award tickets to help spread peace and develop a new generation of global youth leaders.
- We go to work every day knowing that we help readers travel to places they didn’t think they could afford. We inspire wanderlust, we’re making people smarter consumers and we get thank-you’s for this all the time.
- It’s a dog-friendly office. Have you met Miles?
Here’s the link again for the new head of social media position.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.