Get a Points-and-Miles Consultation with Me — While Supporting Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Update: The consultations sold out quickly! Thanks to all for supporting Points for Peace.
I’ve been using Membership Rewards points since the ’90s when I used to book my dad’s work travel and use his points for family vacations. Now, they’re my top points balance because I put a huge amount of business spend on my Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN and all of our company flights on the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express. So, when Amex reached out to me to be a part of its 25th anniversary celebration of Membership Rewards, I couldn’t resist — especially since my participation will benefit our Points for Peace initiative, which educates youth around the world using the teachings of 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners.
As part of the 25th anniversary, Amex will be offering 25 unique ways to redeem your Membership Rewards points, and one of them will be a 30-minute Skype session with me (five packages will be offered)! You can choose to go over your points strategy, review your credit cards, plan a trip, talk about general travel tips and tricks — you name it. I’ll be doing prep work before the Skype to help you become a better traveler, and I can guarantee we’ll have fun on the call. I’ll also be sending special TPG swag bags to those who purchase these packages, and you’ll be on our VIP reader list so you can attend events that we host all around the world.
The cost is 50,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 100% of those proceeds will be donated to PeaceJam through the Points for Peace campaign — of which, we’ve already raised $205,030 and close to 550,000 miles and points. These points and funds go directly toward youth education in Guatemala, Ghana, South Africa, India and East Timor. I just got back from the Ghana trip with Nobel laureate Leymah Gbowee, and I can’t put into words how incredible it was and how much this program impacts these young peoples’ lives.
I realize 50,000 points is no small amount, but my hope is that the learnings will set you up for a stronger lifetime of earning. And just remember, those points will help kids in the developing world become the leaders that their communities so desperately need.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.