Get a Points-and-Miles Consultation with Me — While Supporting Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Update: The consultations sold out quickly! Thanks to all for supporting Points for Peace.
I’ve been using Membership Rewards points since the ’90s when I used to book my dad’s work travel and use his points for family vacations. Now, they’re my top points balance because I put a huge amount of business spend on my Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN and all of our company flights on the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express. So, when Amex reached out to me to be a part of its 25th anniversary celebration of Membership Rewards, I couldn’t resist — especially since my participation will benefit our Points for Peace initiative, which educates youth around the world using the teachings of 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners.
As part of the 25th anniversary, Amex will be offering 25 unique ways to redeem your Membership Rewards points, and one of them will be a 30-minute Skype session with me (five packages will be offered)! You can choose to go over your points strategy, review your credit cards, plan a trip, talk about general travel tips and tricks — you name it. I’ll be doing prep work before the Skype to help you become a better traveler, and I can guarantee we’ll have fun on the call. I’ll also be sending special TPG swag bags to those who purchase these packages, and you’ll be on our VIP reader list so you can attend events that we host all around the world.
The cost is 50,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 100% of those proceeds will be donated to PeaceJam through the Points for Peace campaign — of which, we’ve already raised $205,030 and close to 550,000 miles and points. These points and funds go directly toward youth education in Guatemala, Ghana, South Africa, India and East Timor. I just got back from the Ghana trip with Nobel laureate Leymah Gbowee, and I can’t put into words how incredible it was and how much this program impacts these young peoples’ lives.
I realize 50,000 points is no small amount, but my hope is that the learnings will set you up for a stronger lifetime of earning. And just remember, those points will help kids in the developing world become the leaders that their communities so desperately need.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees