Get a Points-and-Miles Consultation with Me — While Supporting Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Update: The consultations sold out quickly! Thanks to all for supporting Points for Peace.
I’ve been using Membership Rewards points since the ’90s when I used to book my dad’s work travel and use his points for family vacations. Now, they’re my top points balance because I put a huge amount of business spend on my Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN and all of our company flights on the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express. So, when Amex reached out to me to be a part of its 25th anniversary celebration of Membership Rewards, I couldn’t resist — especially since my participation will benefit our Points for Peace initiative, which educates youth around the world using the teachings of 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners.
As part of the 25th anniversary, Amex will be offering 25 unique ways to redeem your Membership Rewards points, and one of them will be a 30-minute Skype session with me (five packages will be offered)! You can choose to go over your points strategy, review your credit cards, plan a trip, talk about general travel tips and tricks — you name it. I’ll be doing prep work before the Skype to help you become a better traveler, and I can guarantee we’ll have fun on the call. I’ll also be sending special TPG swag bags to those who purchase these packages, and you’ll be on our VIP reader list so you can attend events that we host all around the world.
The cost is 50,000 Amex Membership Rewards points and 100% of those proceeds will be donated to PeaceJam through the Points for Peace campaign — of which, we’ve already raised $205,030 and close to 550,000 miles and points. These points and funds go directly toward youth education in Guatemala, Ghana, South Africa, India and East Timor. I just got back from the Ghana trip with Nobel laureate Leymah Gbowee, and I can’t put into words how incredible it was and how much this program impacts these young peoples’ lives.
I realize 50,000 points is no small amount, but my hope is that the learnings will set you up for a stronger lifetime of earning. And just remember, those points will help kids in the developing world become the leaders that their communities so desperately need.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees