This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airline mileage promos are a dime a dozen these days, but Alaska’s offering something a little bit different, incentivizing customers to fly the carrier’s partners rather than booking flights on its own metal. Why would Alaska want to do that? Well, the airline offers a very robust frequent-flyer program without serving many international destinations itself, so it instead depends on key partners to serve enough key long-haul destinations that valuable customers don’t wander off to a carrier with a global footprint, like American, Delta or United.
To highlight its key partnerships, Alaska is offering an opportunity to earn up to 13,000 bonus Mileage Plan miles — 1,000 miles for each flight flown with a different partner airline, including Aeromexico, Air France, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Fiji Airways, Hainan Airlines, Icelandair, KLM, Korean Air, LAN, and Qantas.
You can earn 1,000 miles each time you fly a new partner airline (and credit miles to Alaska) between June 1 and September 15, 2016. You must fly to an international destination, so while American Airlines flights do count, you’ll only earn the 1,000-mile bonus if you fly AA to or from an airport located outside of the United States. The flight needs to be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles, and miles don’t count toward elite status. Bonus miles should post within four to six weeks after your eligible flight. You’ll need to register here by September 1.
Will you be taking advantage of Alaska’s global partners promo?
Alaska miles are extremely valuable because you can book awards on partners like Emirates, Icelandair, Korean Air and Japan Airlines. The current bonus of 40,000 miles can book you a roundtrip ticket on Alaska Airlines from Boston to San Diego or New York to Seattle, for example.
- New - 40,000 Bonus Mile + Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ Offer.
- Get 40,000 bonus miles and Alaska's Famous Companion Fare from $121 ($99 fare plus taxes and fees from $22) with this offer. To qualify, make purchases of $2,000 or more within the first 90 days of opening your account.
- Save with a free checked bag on Alaska flights for you and up to six other guests on the same reservation.
- Get Alaska's Famous Companion Fare™ every year! Each year on your account anniversary get a companion fare from $121 ($99 plus taxes and fees from $22). Valid on all Alaska flights booked on alaskaair.com.
- Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases and 1 mile for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
- Get exclusive access to discounted redemption levels when you redeem miles for hotel stays at over 400,000 properties using Alaska Airlines Hotels.
- Earn unlimited miles and travel with no blackout dates and no foreign transaction fees.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.