This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Choice Privileges isn’t exactly the most aspirational loyalty program, but Choice Hotels does offer more than 6,300 properties around the world, and if you’re planning to stay at one of the chain’s brands (like EconoLodge or Comfort Inn), it might be worth taking advantage of this free status match opportunity.
Choice is matching competitor status to either Gold or Platinum, and while it’s not clear which tier you’ll be offered, Platinum only requires 20 nights per year, so if you have SPG Gold status or Hilton Honors Gold status from The Platinum Card from American Express, there’s a good chance you’ll be matched to Choice Privileges Platinum.
What does Platinum get you? Well, not very much. Both of these status levels offer bonus points (10% for Gold and 25% for Platinum), an extended award booking window (50 days and 75 days in advance), dedicated customer service numbers and your choice of 250 points or a snack and beverage at check-in when you stay at Comfort Suites hotels in the US. So, it’s clearly a bit of a snooze.
However, if you’re still interested, you can apply for your match by emailing the following to Status_Match@choicehotels.com:
- Your full name
- Your Choice Privileges member number
- Proof of elite status with another chain (including a screenshot or photo of a loyalty card)
According to the terms and conditions, matched status will be valid for the rest of this year and the entire following year. Unfortunately you’re only able to apply for one status match per lifetime, so I wouldn’t apply if you’re not planning to stay at participating properties within the next year and a half. There isn’t a deadline listed, so if this match will benefit for you, I wouldn’t wait long to apply.
Featured image courtesy of Comfort Inn Westport at St Louis, Missouri.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.