This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Update: We’ve been informed by Amex that this is a targeted offer. It may no longer be possible to sign up unless you’ve been selected to receive this particular offer.
Via a Reddit thread, American Express is currently offering 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months with the Amex Platinum card. The regular The Platinum Card from American Express offer is for 40,000 points with the same spending requirement, so this is a fantastic deal.
Note that you aren’t eligible if you currently have the Platinum card or you’ve had one in the past, though you can get the bonus if you’ve had a different version of the card, such as the Mercedes-Benz Platinum Card or The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN.
While it comes along with a hefty $450annual fee, the Amex Platinum card can be tremendously valuable for frequent travelers, thanks to its $200 annual airline credit (which may possibly be used for Amazon gift cards), lounge access (including Amex-branded Centurion Lounges), Hilton and Starwood Gold status, Global Entry credit and more. You also get access to Amex’s Platinum Concierge service and the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program.
TPG values Membership Rewards points at 1.9 cents each, thanks in part to Amex’s transfer partners, making this bonus worth a whopping $1,900. If you’ve been on the fence about Amex Platinum, now’s the time to jump!
Will you be earning 100,000 bonus points with the Amex Platinum card?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees