This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The Platinum Card from American Express
Update: We’ve been informed by Amex that this is a targeted offer. It may no longer be possible to sign up unless you’ve been selected to receive this particular offer.
Via a Reddit thread, American Express is currently offering 100,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $3,000 in the first three months with the Amex Platinum card. The regular The Platinum Card from American Express offer is for 40,000 points with the same spending requirement, so this is a fantastic deal.
Note that you aren’t eligible if you currently have the Platinum card or you’ve had one in the past, though you can get the bonus if you’ve had a different version of the card, such as the Mercedes-Benz Platinum Card or The Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN.
While it comes along with a hefty $450annual fee, the Amex Platinum card can be tremendously valuable for frequent travelers, thanks to its $200 annual airline credit (which may possibly be used for Amazon gift cards), lounge access (including Amex-branded Centurion Lounges), Hilton and Starwood Gold status, Global Entry credit and more. You also get access to Amex’s Platinum Concierge service and the Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts program.
TPG values Membership Rewards points at 1.9 cents each, thanks in part to Amex’s transfer partners, making this bonus worth a whopping $1,900. If you’ve been on the fence about Amex Platinum, now’s the time to jump!
Will you be earning 100,000 bonus points with the Amex Platinum card?
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards