Two Story Pyramid Suite at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After we arrived and completed the check-in process at the all-inclusive Hyatt Ziva Cancun Resort, we happily headed towards our two-story 1,300 square foot Pyramid Suite. Suites are always nice, but once you have a couple of kids along for the ride, they take on a whole new level of “nice”.
This is especially true when the kids are young and need naps or don’t sleep well at night. That “extra” space becomes very important and very well utilized in a hurry, and can make a big difference in the quality of your trip when your room has to function as more than just a place to lay your head at night.
In the downstairs living room there was a couch and room for a complimentary rollaway bed with another full bathroom with a shower available.
In other words, one adult could sleep upstairs where the baby was located and the other could sleep a little better more removed from the sleeping time bomb downstairs. Ah, the romance of taking turns sleeping on the rollaway…
In addition the the sheer size, a big feature of the suite is the view from the balcony!
There was also an outdoor jacuzzi available for those on a more leisurely schedule… For the rest of us, it was a great spot for morning coffee.
Speaking of coffee, room service is included at the Hyatt Ziva Cancun, so you could have your entire breakfast spread delivered to enjoy on the living room table without spending an extra dime (other than a tip, if you wish).
This made mornings very leisurely, which was such an enjoyable change of pace from our norm that led to lots of smiles and snuggles…and some cartoons en Espanol. Honestly this was one of the sweetest parts of the trip, and it wouldn’t have been as likely to happen if we were all cramped in a standard room.
The suite also had complimentary drinks, snacks, and liquor. My understanding is that suites have a more upgraded liquor selection than basic rooms. In the suite there was a stocked fridge on both levels, so there were plenty of drinks to go around before you even stepped foot outside the room.
The only downsides to this suite were that the stairs were very hard, dark, and twisty and would have been terrifying if our baby was a a tad older and more mobile. A gate or barrier of some sort would have been a necessity unless you had eyes on her every second of the day. The balconies also require adult supervision as even our six-year-old has been known to start climbing on things she shouldn’t without thinking about the consequences if she fell.
The water pressure in the showers was good, but the temperature range did vary based on what time of day we took our showers. It also took several calls to get the crib and rollaway beds delivered, which is more common on hotel stays than I am able to really understand.
We found the housekeeping to be very good and we never had a shortage of water, drinks, towels, etc. The Hyatt Ziva Cancun has several different wings, towers, and room types, but we were very happy in our Pyramid Suite that was confirmed using a Diamond Suite upgrade. Another option to secure this upgrade without elite status would be to book a deluxe room and then use 6,000 points per night for the upgrade.
Of course, the room was just the beginning. Up next I’ll share details about the beautiful resort grounds, pools, amenities, and more…
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.