This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Ink Plus Business Card from Chase routinely earns a high spot on TPG’s monthly list of top travel rewards credit card offers, thanks to lucrative bonus categories and a sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. While that offer is already worth a whopping $1,260 based on TPG’s valuations, for a limited time you can nab an even higher sign-up bonus.
In honor of National Small Business Week, now through May 15 you can earn 70,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 in the first three months when you sign up in person at a Chase branch. That’s 10,000 points more than the usual sign-up bonus of 60,000 points that’s been around for some time now, and it doesn’t require meeting a higher spending threshold. Seen below is a Chase flyer advertising the limited-time offer, provided by TPG reader Roma M.:
Is it worth it?
Branch-only offers can be an inconvenience — remember how Chase Freedom Unlimited applications were initially restricted to customers at a physical Chase location? — but if isn’t a hassle for you to drop by in person, the higher-than-usual bonus for the Ink Plus Business Card could definitely be worth snagging. The extra 10,000 points are worth $210 based on TPG’s latest valuations, and with the spring and summer travel seasons upon us it shouldn’t be hard to put those Ultimate Reward points to use with the program’s strong selection of transfer partners, including British Airways, Hyatt and United.
As you can see, this business card is an especially attractive option for those who can leverage the 5x bonus spending category, which earns an outstanding 10.5% return on office supplies and other eligible purchases. It does have an annual fee of $95, but the sign-up bonus alone easily makes up for it, as does the opportunity to earn bonus Ultimate Rewards points on a variety of spending categories.
The Ink Plus Business Card is a great product thanks to its 5x and 2x bonus spending categories and the ability to transfer to a variety of travel partners, and this limited-time offer is even more lucrative than the 60,000-point bonus that’s been available throughout the last year. If you’ve been considering applying and live relatively close to one of Chase’s 5,000-plus US branches, now’s as good a time as ever to take the plunge. Plus, it’s been a while since we last saw a 70,000-point offer for this card, so we may not see this same bonus pop up again soon.
For more information, see these posts:
- Why You Should Get the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom AND Ink Plus in 2016
- A Year of Earning and Burning with Chase Ink Plus
- New Increased Offers on the Chase Ink Plus and Ink Cash!
- Which Chase Ink Card Is Right for You?
Will you sign up for the Ink Plus Business Card in-branch to nab this 70,000-point offer?
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees