This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Ink Plus Business Card from Chase routinely earns a high spot on TPG’s monthly list of top travel rewards credit card offers, thanks to lucrative bonus categories and a sign-up bonus of 60,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. While that offer is already worth a whopping $1,260 based on TPG’s valuations, for a limited time you can nab an even higher sign-up bonus.
In honor of National Small Business Week, now through May 15 you can earn 70,000 Ultimate Rewards points after spending $5,000 in the first three months when you sign up in person at a Chase branch. That’s 10,000 points more than the usual sign-up bonus of 60,000 points that’s been around for some time now, and it doesn’t require meeting a higher spending threshold. Seen below is a Chase flyer advertising the limited-time offer, provided by TPG reader Roma M.:
Is it worth it?
Branch-only offers can be an inconvenience — remember how Chase Freedom Unlimited applications were initially restricted to customers at a physical Chase location? — but if isn’t a hassle for you to drop by in person, the higher-than-usual bonus for the Ink Plus Business Card could definitely be worth snagging. The extra 10,000 points are worth $210 based on TPG’s latest valuations, and with the spring and summer travel seasons upon us it shouldn’t be hard to put those Ultimate Reward points to use with the program’s strong selection of transfer partners, including British Airways, Hyatt and United.
As you can see, this business card is an especially attractive option for those who can leverage the 5x bonus spending category, which earns an outstanding 10.5% return on office supplies and other eligible purchases. It does have an annual fee of $95, but the sign-up bonus alone easily makes up for it, as does the opportunity to earn bonus Ultimate Rewards points on a variety of spending categories.
The Ink Plus Business Card is a great product thanks to its 5x and 2x bonus spending categories and the ability to transfer to a variety of travel partners, and this limited-time offer is even more lucrative than the 60,000-point bonus that’s been available throughout the last year. If you’ve been considering applying and live relatively close to one of Chase’s 5,000-plus US branches, now’s as good a time as ever to take the plunge. Plus, it’s been a while since we last saw a 70,000-point offer for this card, so we may not see this same bonus pop up again soon.
For more information, see these posts:
- Why You Should Get the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom AND Ink Plus in 2016
- A Year of Earning and Burning with Chase Ink Plus
- New Increased Offers on the Chase Ink Plus and Ink Cash!
- Which Chase Ink Card Is Right for You?
Will you sign up for the Ink Plus Business Card in-branch to nab this 70,000-point offer?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees