This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Great news if you’re planning to travel internationally this spring and summer: Hilton recently launched a flash sale for stays between March 11 and July 3. You’ll save up to 35% at Hilton brand hotels and resorts, including properties like Conrad or Waldorf Astoria. The final price varies depending on the destination and when you go. Among the lowest rates being advertised are about $66 per night in Istanbul and $83 per night in Amsterdam, but you might be able to find lower rates, especially in more off-the-beaten-path places like Lisbon (from $75 per night) and Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (from $68 per night). Please note that these promotional bookings are non-refundable.
Many of these prices are even lower than AAA rates. The Conrad St. James in London, for example, normally costs more than $400 for dates this summer, but prices are now as low as $265 per night thanks to this promotion.
To take advantage of this promotion, you must book by March 13 at 5:59pm ET. There are some fantastic destinations on the list ranging from London and Paris to Cape Town and Azerbaijan. Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Hilton Prague Old Town from $97 per night. Without the sale, you’d find prices from $143 per night at the AAA rate or from $146 for HHonors members.
Conrad Pezula (South Africa) from $144 per night. Without the sale, prices would start at $196 at the AAA rate and $197 for HHonors members.
Conrad London St. James is available from $265 per night. Without the sale, prices would start at $419 at the AAA rate or $431 for HHonors members.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on hotel purchases, like Citi Prestige or Citi ThankYou Premier Card (both of which earn 3x on hotel stays) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more tips on maximizing travel purchases and keep in mind that you can also get complimentary Hilton Gold status with the Amex Platinum card.
The Points Guy Assessment:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great pick for the beginner and the frequent traveler. The CSP has superb travel benefits, double points on certain purchases, and a 50,000 point sign up bonus. The $95 annual fee is waived the first year so this puts it as one of the less expensive cards, while still allowing you to earn one of the most valuable point currencies.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards