This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Attention elite flyers: Virgin America recently began offering loyalists of American, Delta, United and Southwest the chance to sign up for a status match and enroll in a challenge for its Elevate program.
Here’s how the match/challenge breaks down:
|Elevate Silver||Elevate Gold|
|American||Gold||Platinum, Executive Platinum|
|Delta||Silver Medallion, Gold Medallion||Platinum Medallion, Diamond Medallion|
|United||Premier Silver, Premier Gold||Premier Platinum, Premier 1K, Global Services|
|Southwest||A-List, A-List Preferred||Companion Pass|
Note that Virgin America will only match status for 90 days, and you must sign up by 11:59pm PDT on September 30, 2016. During this period, you’ll have to earn Status Points to maintain your status level through the end of 2017 — 5,000 for Elevate Silver and 12,000 for Elevate Gold. However, if you hold either of Virgin America’s credit cards, the threshold is lowered to 3,000 Status Points and 8,000 Status Points, respectively. Members who received a status match during 2015 are not eligible for this offer.
To enroll, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Elevate number and proof of membership level with your current loyalty program. If you’re eligible, the airline will update your status between 7 and 14 business days from your application.
Note that matched members will not receive 25% off personal discount codes, however, they will receive one complimentary lounge day pass to the Virgin America Loft at LAX. Additionally, you might not have access to all reciprocal benefits with Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. Once the status challenge is complete, matched members will have unrestricted access to all benefits as usual.
Thanks to TPG reader Mark R., who shared this news tip by emailing email@example.com. We’ll be sending out a $200 Visa gift card as a token of our appreciation.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.