United Introduces New Perk for Flying Kids!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
My six-month-old just completed her 10th United Airlines flight yesterday, and my six-year-old has had her own United elite status and has logged more United flights than I can count. They both have received their United (and for Little C, even her Continental) complimentary wings from flight attendants on various flights, but starting later this month United will be adding another very family friendly perk for the little ones.
United Introduces New Passport Activity Books for Kids:
Starting later this month, not only will United let families with children two and under board the plane early, but they will have “passports” available that pilots can share with the little ones on board the flight!
According to United, the 5” x 7” passport has 28 pages and will include a page for kids to log their journeys, a page for autographs from the cockpit and flight attendant crew members, trivia questions, a crossword puzzle, stickers (wisely, easily removable from tray tables and windows!) and games.
My kids may be a little on the spoiled side in terms of the number of flights they have enjoyed, but I still vividly remember my first flight (on Continental!), and I have no doubt I would have put this passport to good use to document that magical experience of flying through the skies the way the storybook characters I read about could do (I just had a little help from the aircraft I was safely buckled inside).
I love any and all efforts to make flying easier and more fun for families and children, so this passport book and its activities get a big thumbs up from me! Hopefully our next United flight will not only offer early boarding for families with young kids, but a pretty cool activity book, too!
What do you think this child-flyer-friendly addition to what United has to offer? Complimentary snacks, early family boarding, and child activity passports…what’s next?!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees