United Introduces New Perk for Flying Kids!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
My six-month-old just completed her 10th United Airlines flight yesterday, and my six-year-old has had her own United elite status and has logged more United flights than I can count. They both have received their United (and for Little C, even her Continental) complimentary wings from flight attendants on various flights, but starting later this month United will be adding another very family friendly perk for the little ones.
United Introduces New Passport Activity Books for Kids:
Starting later this month, not only will United let families with children two and under board the plane early, but they will have “passports” available that pilots can share with the little ones on board the flight!
According to United, the 5” x 7” passport has 28 pages and will include a page for kids to log their journeys, a page for autographs from the cockpit and flight attendant crew members, trivia questions, a crossword puzzle, stickers (wisely, easily removable from tray tables and windows!) and games.
My kids may be a little on the spoiled side in terms of the number of flights they have enjoyed, but I still vividly remember my first flight (on Continental!), and I have no doubt I would have put this passport to good use to document that magical experience of flying through the skies the way the storybook characters I read about could do (I just had a little help from the aircraft I was safely buckled inside).
I love any and all efforts to make flying easier and more fun for families and children, so this passport book and its activities get a big thumbs up from me! Hopefully our next United flight will not only offer early boarding for families with young kids, but a pretty cool activity book, too!
What do you think this child-flyer-friendly addition to what United has to offer? Complimentary snacks, early family boarding, and child activity passports…what’s next?!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.