Earn 75,000 Bonus HHonors Points with the Citi Hilton Visa Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you don’t have the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card, now’s a great time to apply. For a limited time, the card’s offering an increased sign-up bonus of 75,000 HHonors points after you make $2,000 in purchases in the first three months of account opening.
This limited-time offer is a significant step up from the card’s usual sign-up bonus of 40,000 HHonors points (after making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months). It’s great to see Citi raising the sign-up bonus to 75,000 HHonors points (if only for a limited time) — if you didn’t catch the last round in September, now is a very good time to sign up.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the sign-up bonus is worth $375, though depending on how you redeem the points, they could easily be worth more. For example, you could score a night at the Category 9 Hilton Moorea, where nightly room rates hover well over $400. You can also redeem the sign-up bonus for a week-long award stay at lower-level Hilton properties like the DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur.
Is It Worth It?
If you’re looking to minimize out-of-pocket costs for hotel stays, the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card is a no-brainer. Depending on how you choose to redeem them, the 75,000 points can get you far — or get you a night at a high-category property that might be out of reach with cash.
Plus, the card grants you automatic HHonors Silver status, which means you can enjoy the fifth night free on award stays. Last year, Nick Ewen pegged Silver status at $65 — while that’s not much, it adds to the value you’ll get from a no-fee card, and you can also fast-track to HHonors Gold status by completing four eligible stays within the first 90 days of cardmembership or by spending $20,000 on the card in a calendar year.
That said, this card isn’t the only option for Hilton guests. There’s also the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card, which offers two free weekend nights at participating Hilton properties when you spend $2,500 in the first four months after account opening. The card does come with a $95 annual fee, but it justifies it with elevated benefits, including higher earning rates and complimentary Gold status. Still, there’s no reason you can’t hold both cards — just make sure you keep Citi’s application restrictions in mind.
While the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card might not be the most rewarding option for everyday spending, the current 75,000-point sign-up bonus and the lack of an annual fee make it a relative no-brainer. If you’re thinking of applying, don’t wait too long before pulling the trigger. It’s not clear when this limited-time offer will expire, but in the past it’s stuck around for a few months at a time.
How would you use 75,000 HHonors points?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.