Earn 75,000 Bonus HHonors Points with the Citi Hilton Visa Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you don’t have the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card, now’s a great time to apply. For a limited time, the card’s offering an increased sign-up bonus of 75,000 HHonors points after you make $2,000 in purchases in the first three months of account opening.
This limited-time offer is a significant step up from the card’s usual sign-up bonus of 40,000 HHonors points (after making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months). It’s great to see Citi raising the sign-up bonus to 75,000 HHonors points (if only for a limited time) — if you didn’t catch the last round in September, now is a very good time to sign up.
Based on TPG’s latest valuations, the sign-up bonus is worth $375, though depending on how you redeem the points, they could easily be worth more. For example, you could score a night at the Category 9 Hilton Moorea, where nightly room rates hover well over $400. You can also redeem the sign-up bonus for a week-long award stay at lower-level Hilton properties like the DoubleTree Kuala Lumpur.
Is It Worth It?
If you’re looking to minimize out-of-pocket costs for hotel stays, the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card is a no-brainer. Depending on how you choose to redeem them, the 75,000 points can get you far — or get you a night at a high-category property that might be out of reach with cash.
Plus, the card grants you automatic HHonors Silver status, which means you can enjoy the fifth night free on award stays. Last year, Nick Ewen pegged Silver status at $65 — while that’s not much, it adds to the value you’ll get from a no-fee card, and you can also fast-track to HHonors Gold status by completing four eligible stays within the first 90 days of cardmembership or by spending $20,000 on the card in a calendar year.
That said, this card isn’t the only option for Hilton guests. There’s also the Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve Card, which offers two free weekend nights at participating Hilton properties when you spend $2,500 in the first four months after account opening. The card does come with a $95 annual fee, but it justifies it with elevated benefits, including higher earning rates and complimentary Gold status. Still, there’s no reason you can’t hold both cards — just make sure you keep Citi’s application restrictions in mind.
While the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card might not be the most rewarding option for everyday spending, the current 75,000-point sign-up bonus and the lack of an annual fee make it a relative no-brainer. If you’re thinking of applying, don’t wait too long before pulling the trigger. It’s not clear when this limited-time offer will expire, but in the past it’s stuck around for a few months at a time.
How would you use 75,000 HHonors points?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees