This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Late last year, ticket broker ScoreBig and Southwest Airlines ran a promotion offering customers 2,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points and up to 22 points per dollar for purchasing tickets through the service. This week, the brand launched a new partnership with JetBlue that offers bonus TrueBlue points if you’re enrolled in both programs. In addition to the points you’ll earn for purchasing event tickets, TrueBlue members can earn an additional 500 bonus TrueBlue points after the first transaction.
The total earnings will ultimately depend on which event you’re attending and which seats you select. Even for this Islanders game listed above, the bonus ranges from 2 points per dollar to 4. Other events, like the New York Philharmonic concert below, appear to offer the same bonus regardless of your seat selection, so in this case the amount of your reward is tied only to the ticket price.
TPG values TrueBlue points at 1-1.4 cents each, so you’re getting at least $23.22 in value back when purchasing the tickets above.
ScoreBig already partners with other travel loyalty programs including United and Virgin America, among others. Of course you don’t need to buy event tickets to boost your TrueBlue balance quickly — you can earn points quickly by transferring points from a partner program, such as those earned with the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card. Moreover, if you’re not already a TrueBlue member, you can earn a 3,500 point sign-up bonus if you sign up and fly by March 14, 2016.
With some great bonus categories and an annual fee that’s waived for the first year, the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card has a lot going for it. If you don’t have PRG, now’s as good a time as any to add it to your wallet, as Amex added some great new benefits several months back.
- Earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and at US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 per calendar year for baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, when available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc.
- Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
- $0 Intro Annual Fee for the 1st year, then $195.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees