This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, several readers wrote in to let us know that it wasn’t currently possible to transfer points from Citi’s ThankYou program to most partners, excluding Hilton Honors.
You can earn ThankYou points with several Citi cards, including Citi ThankYou Premier Card and Citi Prestige. We reached out to Citi about the issue yesterday, and were awaiting a timeline for transfers to be restored.
Fortunately, you can once again transfer points from Citi to all 12 airline partners, including Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, EVA Air, Etihad Guest, Flying Blue, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar, Singapore KrisFlyer, Thai, Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic.
It’s never good to experience a program outage, but fortunately Citi was able to act quickly to get ThankYou transfers back up and running today.
What’s your favorite Citi ThankYou partner?
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees