Change in Terms of Hyatt Credit Card Offer?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Based on a comment below it is possible this is not actually a new term, but potentially something that has always been there, just not enforced. I can’t say with 100% certainty, but either way it is worth noting as anything that is being done in practice beyond what is required per the terms is always subject to change without notice.
In light of many of us scrambling to determine which Chase credit cards, if any, to add to our wallets before it quite possibly gets much harder to get approved, I just received a very interesting question/comment related to the Hyatt Credit Card.
I have previously pointed out that the best use of the Hyatt sign-up bonus award nights may be to use them at the all-inclusive properties, especially for families of three or four looking to stay at the Ziva properties. For example, for a family with two adults and two children, the points price per night at the Hyatt Ziva in Cancun would be 50,000 points per night – more than any other Hyatt in the system since the third and fourth person are an additional 12,500 points each (for children, ages 3 and up).
However, the two award credit card sign-up bonus nights would cover all four people in one room with any additional charges for the third and fourth occupant, so they offered a tremendous value for families looking to visit the all-inclusive properties. In fact, this is exactly how I used my Hyatt credit card award nights. But, that party may be over…
As was pointed out to me by Mommy Points reader, Bob, the terms and conditions for the Hyatt Credit Card now read (bolding mine):
Each Free Night Award is valid for use within one year from issuance for one (1) night in any available standard room at any Hyatt Hotel or Resort worldwide or participating M life resorts. Free Night Awards at Hyatt Zilara and Hyatt Ziva are based on single or double occupancy only.
I’m almost certain that reflects a recent change in terms, and certainly would be a change in practice since Hyatt had previously confirmed to me that you can use your sign-up bonus nights up to the max capacity of the room at the all-inclusive properties. I have reached out to Hyatt to see what the options will be going forward for families wishing to use their sign-up bonus award nights at the Ziva properties, if there are any options. I’ll update when I receive a response. In the meantime, just be aware of these terms in case you were planning to get the Hyatt Credit Card with the intent to use them for a family all-inclusive vacation beyond double occupancy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees