Citi ThankYou Rewards Adds eGift Cards to Redemption Options
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
This week, Citi announced that eGift cards will now be available for purchase through ThankYou.com, in addition to the physical gift cards that have been offered for years. Emails were sent to ThankYou Rewards members introducing the new redemption option, and several dozen eGift cards already appear on the site. Not all gift cards can be delivered electronically, but a number of popular retailers are currently available, including Target, The Home Depot, Best Buy and Staples.
This is good news for anyone who uses rewards to cover retail purchases, since you’ll only have to wait a few minutes (instead of weeks) for gift cards to be delivered. While there are certainly more valuable ways to redeem ThankYou Points, Citi offers a fairly consistent redemption value of 1 cent per point toward gift cards (including these new eGift cards), which is better than the return you’ll get by redeeming for merchandise directly. You can earn ThankYou Points with a variety of cards, including Citi Prestige and Citi Premier.
Citi used to offer eGift cards to Amazon.com before adding the Shop with Points feature several years ago. This broader rollout of electronic delivery options shows that Citi is continuing to make improvements to the ThankYou Rewards program. While eGift cards are a modest benefit compared to new airline partners and transfer bonuses, it’s worth noting that Ultimate Rewards only offers physical gift cards at present.
Once again, gift cards aren’t a strong redemption option, but if you need to make a purchase and you’re short on cash, Citi’s electronic gift cards can help you act quickly when you find a good price.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees