This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Anyone who’s traveled through LAS can attest that the taxi queues at McCarran Airport can be outrageously long — in some cases, you can spend an hour or longer waiting for a cab to drive you 10 minutes to your hotel. In fact, getting from the airport to The Strip can be such a frustrating process that Las Vegas took the second spot in our post Top 5 Cities That Need Uber — Now.
Well, our prayers have been answered — as of today, Uber drivers can pick up passengers at McCarran Airport, which will mean shorter waits not only for customers using Uber, but also all those not-yet-in-the-know folks lining up for a yellow cab.
I checked the app, and there are currently plenty of UberX cars in Vegas. Preview fares haven’t been loaded yet, but you can expect to spend less for an UberX than you will for a yellow cab. Also, Uber drivers will be less likely to take the “scenic route” to your hotel, since that could influence the rating you decide to give.
Regardless of where you ride Uber, be sure to read our post featuring the 5 Best Credit Cards for Uber and Lyft. You might as well earn lots of bonus points while you’re saving money on your ride. Also, if you haven’t signed up for Uber, you can join here and get your first ride free (up to $15) by using code UberTPG.
H/T: Miles to Memories
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.