This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Air Force’s top-secret airline recently published a job listing in search of pilots. Unofficially dubbed Janet (short for Just Another Non Existent Terminal), the carrier appears to exist for the primary purpose of shuttling passengers between Las Vegas’ McCarran Airport and top-secret military sites, like Area 51. Although little is known about Janet, bits and piece of information make their way out to the public — and on your next trip to Vegas, you might even see the airline’s basic red stripe among other, more familiar livery.
Among the requirements for the position of First Officer are extensive knowledge of 737s — the airline’s main aircraft — and the ability to hold Top Secret clearance from the US government. Janet’s flights are operated by private defense contractor AECOM — the same company that’s listing the job.
H/T: Tactical Air Network
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.