This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Starwood added a few more properties to its collection of Design Hotels this week. Earlier this year, the chain announced that its would be partnering up with unique hotels around the world, initially adding 5 new properties to Starwood’s portfolio, including the Gramercy Park Hotel in New York City; the C-Hotel in Lake Como, Italy; the Nira Montana in La Thuile, Italy; the Ten Bompas Hotel in Johannesburg, South Africa; and the Kruisherenhotel Maastricht Hotel in Maastricht, Netherlands.
Along with these five in the original announcement, Starwood also announced that it would continue expanding its Design Hotels portfolio with new additions in the near future. With 40 different properties expected to join by 2016, a few have already become available as part of the SPG program.
The hotels that Starwood and Design added this week include:
- Hotel Americano, New York City
- Tribe Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
- Mainport, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Nira Alpina, Silvapana, Switzerland
- Habita Hotel, Mexico City, Mexico
As Starwood and Design continue to expand this partnership, it’ll be a fantastic opportunity to stay at some properties that go beyond the usual Westin or Sheraton experience that you can find anywhere. Many of these locations offer a bit more charm, and it’s nice to have a few more options when booking.
SPG Members who book stays at participating Design Hotels will be offered different benefits than they receive at other SPG properties (when booking through Starwood) — here’s the rundown:
- 2 Starpoints per dollar spent (3 for Gold and Platinum members, 4 for P75 and P100)
- Night and stay credit toward elite status
- High-speed internet access and bottled water
- SPG Gold and Platinum members will automatically receive a Starpoints bonus as their welcome gift
- Free night redemption is planned to be available in early 2016
Keep in mind that when booking a stay at these properties, you can pay with the Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express or the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express to earn 2 points per dollar at participating Design Hotels. SPG is among TPG’s most valued programs, with fantastic redemptions available around the world.
- Earn 75,000 Bonus Points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 6 points for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels and 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees